MEMORIZE: And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22
18. Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
19. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20. And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!
21. Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
22. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
There is tremendous power in faith. In Mark 9:23, Jesus Christ Himself said:
“…If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.”
When Jesus says “All things”, He really means all things. In Mark 5:36, when Jairus was told that his daughter had died, the Bible says:
“As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.”
And before that day was over, the one who had died came back to life.
In Matthew 15:21-28, a woman came to Jesus praying.
It appeared as though God was not even paying attention to her, but by the end of the day, Jesus said “Woman, great is thy faith.”
In other words, He was saying that even if He had not wanted to grant her request, He would because of her great faith.
There is so much power in faith that time and again, Jesus told people “Thy faith has made thee whole and they were whole.”
So it was not so much of His power healing them, but the power of their faith in God.
My Father-in-the-Lord once went to conduct a revival in our Church in Ilorin, and the Spirit of God moved him to say “If there is anyone here who is trusting God for the fruit of the womb, go and buy the appropriate clothes for the gender of the baby you want.”
A woman heard and decided that she would do just that.
When she got home, she bought a cot and baby boys clothes and displayed them where everybody could see.
A lot of people began to laugh at her, saying she had gone mad out of her desperation to have a child.
She ignored them, held on to the word of the man of God and nine months later, when the baby boy arrived, it was her turn to laugh.
I want you to make your own move of faith now.
Whatever it is you are trusting God for, make the move as if you have gotten it like that woman did.
Since the Lord was gracious enough to hand over the anointing of my Father-in-the-Lord to me when he was leaving the world, I call on that anointing now to work on your faith and make your desires come true according to the will of God, in the mighty name of Jesus.