BIBLE VERSE: Gen. 35-37
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 1: 22 – 23
MEMORY VERSE: Isaiah 7:14
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: The strongest currency that can never be devalued is the presence of God.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: From this day forward, situations and circumstances will bow to you because you have God, in the name of Jesus.
One of the names given to our Lord Jesus Christ is EMMANUEL, which means “God with us.” It means God is present where man is. Since God and His word are inseparable, it shows that all of God’s promises are for those that believe in Him. This means that God can be reached by you and me. He is very near and real. The word “Emmanuel” ﬁrst appeared as a prophecy in Isaiah 7:14.
This word was given as a sign to King Ahaz of Judah to indicate God’s grace and mission to deliver and save His people, Israel, by His outstretched arm and to frustrate the efforts of their enemies (Isaiah 8:10) and pour His blessings upon them. The prophecy was later fulﬁlled in the book of Matthew 1:21-23, where it was stated that God would bring salvation and deliverance to His own people and to the entire human race through the birth, cruciﬁxion, death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
What is the implication of this? Beloved, if you have accepted that sacriﬁce and the atonement of the Lord Jesus, then God is with you and has a beautiful plan for you. He has promised never to leave you nor forsake you. He is intimately involved in your life (Revelation 21:3). What an assuring and comforting truth we have, ‘God with us’, Halleluyah! You have no need that He cannot meet, no burden so big He cannot bear. He knows your pain and sees your difﬁculty.
He will walk you through them gallantly. In the Old Testament, God manifested as the fourth man in the ﬁery furnace and helped Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego. He was also with Daniel in the den of lions and they could not devour him. He said to you, “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overﬂow thee: when thou walkest through the ﬁre, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the ﬂame kindle upon thee” (Isaiah 43:2).
Today, Jesus Christ has brought God’s presence to man. God is now with His people to save, heal, deliver and bless them. He is with you! However, if you have not accepted Christ as your Lord and Saviour, then ‘God with us’ is not for you. Repent today and turn to Him so that His awesome presence can be with you even to the end of age.
1. Holy Spirit, help me to be conscious of God’s presence, in the name of Jesus.
2. Let the consciousness of God’s presence bring me fresh courage and boldness in the name of Jesus.
3. Every habit and character that will remove the presence of God from my life, be uprooted, in the name of Jesus.
4. Let the presence of God frustrate the conspiracy of the enemies over my life, in the name of Jesus.
5. Covenant-keeping God, let there be fulﬁlment of all the prophecies of God over my life, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, because of the blood of Jesus, arise and let my enemies be scattered, in the name of Jesus.
7. Father, let Your presence make my environment too hot for the enemy, in the name of Jesus.